Pages

So What's My Story?

After 3 years of being a poor social worker (the work I loved, the pay I didn't), I decided it was time to go back to school and get my Master's! After weighing my options (school far away from home, or school in a different country that is only an 8-hour drive from home) I decided to try my luck in British Columbia, Canada.

For a year I lived in
Surrey, BC while attending Simon Fraser University in Burnaby, BC. However, as the final component of my work toward my Masters degree in Criminology I have moved back to the states to complete an internship at an Independent Living Program for youth leaving the foster care system.

Here is the story of my adventures as a graduate student in a "foreign" country as well as my current work back in the states.

< > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < > < >

Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Things...

I was wondering how long this was going to take to get to me! lol

25 Things


1. I'm pretty sure I can recited the alphabet backwards faster than I can forward.

2. I secretly judge girls who get all made up to go to the gym.

3. I take a LOT of pictures of my cat... quite like a parent with a newborn.

4. When my brothers and I all came down with the chicken pox at the same time they all got comic books... I got a chess set.

5. I'm no good at chess.

6. I love traveling.... and would happily go into debt to do so.

7. I still don't really know what I wanna be when I grow up.

8. I started applying to grad school as an idle threat... I finished the application process in order to run away.

9. I have never smoked pot... or anything else for that matter.

10. Sometimes I can't remember how old I am.

11. When I get into my car alone at night, I turn on the overhead light and check out the back seat for hidden boogie men.

12. I own the entire "Friends" series... and watch it... a LOT

13. I use examples from "Friends" in every day conversations... lol

14. I think a LOT in the first few minutes after going to bed for the night... and I'll get up again if I remembered something I needed to do or if something comes to mind that I feel the need to google.

15. If I don't, I'll forget all about it in the morning.

16. I look like a clone of my mother.

17. Sometimes I feel like I'm too young to be married and have kids, etc., etc.

18. Sometimes I feel like my clock is ticking and need to get a move on... NOW!

19. I have enough baby names picked out to name 6 children... 3 boys and 3 girls.

20. I only really want 2-3 kids.

21. This is the first time in a VERY long time that I can think of enough GOOD female friends to round out a bridal party. =) For that I am SOOO thankful!

22. I didn't get my ears pierced until I was 25...

23. I got my nose pierced a year before that.

24. I slept outside naked once on a REALLY hot night in Ashland.

25. I'm ready to go back home (the U.S.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes to:

    "14. I think a LOT in the first few minutes after going to bed for the night... and I'll get up again if I remembered something I needed to do or if something comes to mind that I feel the need to google.

    15. If I don't, I'll forget all about it in the morning."


    I have been thinking lately that if only I had a internal monologue recorder of some kind, that I would probably be ruling the world by now - my falling asleep ideas are that good. If I weren't married I would have set up some kind of recording/dictation system to collect my thoughts at night, but I think my wife would kick me out of the house if I did this.

    ReplyDelete